Replace rawa (semolina) from your classic dosa to make a nutritious, gluten free version. It tastes just as good, if not better 😉
Serve hot with potato sabji, daal, or your favourite chutney.
Preparation Time: 20 mins + 2 hrs resting time
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- bhagar flour – 2 cups
- sour curd / yoghurt (dahi) – 0.5 cup
- water – to achieve required consistency
- salt – to taste
- pepper – 2tsp (optional)
- red chilly powder – as per taste (optional)
- oil – 4 tbsp
- garnishes/ sides as per taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the sour curd with the bhagar flour. Add a little water and make sure it is well mixed.
- Keep aside the flour mixture for about 2 hours. Prepare your sides/ garnishes (if using) while it’s resting.
- After it has well rested, add water to make the batter into desired consistency (should be slightly runny, should be easy to pour). Season it with salt, pepper, and chilly powder as desired. Heat a flat pan / tawa and oil it to start cooking the dosa / pancakes.
- Oil the hot pan and pour one ladle of the prepared batter.
- Spread the batter well over the pan, and add garnish if using. Cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden. Remove the dosa/ pancake from heat, and serve immediately (if storing for later, keep in a covered plate).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the batter is use