Upvas Thalipeeth is a fasting alternative of one of the most loved/devoured dishes of Maharashtra, thalipeth. Konkan Sampanna offers freshly prepared Roasted Upvas Thalipeeth Flour that is made from regionally/locally grown Bhagr and Rag from their farms in Konkan.
It is a filling and healthy option for breakfast or evening time chatpata snack cravings.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
No of people it serves: 02
1) 1 ½ cup Konkan Sampanna’s Roasted Upvas Thalipeeth Flour
2) 2 medium size boiled potatoes (optional )
3) ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
4) 2-3 Green chilies /Red chilli powder(as per taste)/
5) ½ tsp Sugar
6) Salt (as per taste)
7) Coriander Leaves
8) Oil or ghee (as required for frying)
9) 1 tbsp Yogurt (Optional, adds a tangy flavor and enhances the taste) 10) A few peanuts (optional)
1. Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them.
2. Chop the green chilies and coriander leaves.
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients like roasted upvas thalipeeth flour, mashed potatoes, crushed peanuts, cumin seeds, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
2. Knead the mixture into stiff dough. In case the dough is too thick, add some water or yogurt to fix the consistency. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes
3. Divide the dough into small balls of equal size. Take a plastic sheet or banana leaf or rolling board and apply some oil on the sheet. Place one small ball of dough on sheet, start flattening the dough into a small circle using your palm. Once done, make a small hole in the center using your finger.
3) Heat the pan, add some oil and place the upvas thalipeeth on it. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes till its golden brown. Drizzle more oil if required.
4) Flip and cook the same way till golden.
5) Your Thalipeeth made from Roasted Upvas Thalipeeth Flour is ready to eat. Serve hot with yogurt or peanut chutney